Top 5 Kitchen Furniture You Should Have
For home cooks and food lovers, the kitchen is one of the places in the house that enjoys the most attention. It’s also one of the busiest places. It cannot be denied that with the high level of activity that goes on in this room, having the right kitchen furniture installed makes a whole lot of difference in terms of convenience and comfort.
1. Countertops and Island Cooktop – having enough space to prepare food is one of the essential considerations in choosing kitchen furniture. Solid countertops are great for heavy duty prep work. They are also easy to clean up and maintain. Choose stone, marble, or granite. There are some who opt to have wooden kitchen blocks installed on a portion of their countertop. Ask your furniture supplier for countertop materials that do not stain, absorb liquids, or crack easily.
Island cooktops are also popular as must-have kitchen furniture these days. These are especially appealing to those who love to entertain while preparing food. Add a few stools around one side of the island cooktop where your guests can sit and enjoy nibbles while you prepare the main meal.
2. Roll-out Cabinets – these cabinets have built in racks that allow you to maximize space and enjoy easy access at the same time. You can have vertical ones to hold your cookie sheets and baking pans or your chopping boards and other flat kitchen prep accessories. There are also those with shelvings and pull-up mechanisms for small kitchen appliances.
3. Racks – these are essential for those with a number of pots and pans as well as cutleries and utensils. There are various types of these racks including in drawer and countertop ones. There are also those that you can hang under your overhead cabinets so you can save on countertop space. Always take into consideration the items that you have in your kitchen when choosing among the many types of this functional kitchen furniture.
4. Counter Lighting Fixtures – track lighting is a popular choice in kitchen furniture. These are usually installed under and along the edge of the overhead cabinets to illuminate the countertops. These are perfect for giving you ample lighting when you prepare your food. The soft glow from these fixtures also adds to the ambiance of the kitchen.
5. Garbage Bins – there are various types of garbage bins these days that are already incorporated as kitchen furniture. Cleanliness and hygiene, of course, are essential in all kitchen tasks. These bins should hold kitchen waste securely and keep it out of sight. Under the sink built-in bins are popular options. They can be easily pulled out so the trash can be taken out for proper disposal.
Choosing Functional Kitchen Furniture
More than being pleasing to the eyes, your choice in kitchen furniture should be functional. Otherwise, they will just take up space that could very well be used for other purposes. Think about how you use your kitchen and choose the furniture pieces that best serve your needs. Convenience and efficiency should be your guide when you choose your kitchen furniture.
Cost is another factor that you should always keep in mind. You should be practical in your choices. The cheapest options, however, are not always your best choices. You could actually end up incurring more expenses when you choose the cheapest kitchen furniture pieces that do not last as long as you want it to. Choose high quality yet affordable or reasonably priced furniture and accessories that you will actually use when you prepare food for your family and entertain your friends.
Your space considerations should also be kept in mind when you shop for kitchen furniture. Choose those that can fit in your kitchen and allow you to move around freely and comfortably. Plan the way your furniture will be laid out so your workflow is smooth and efficient. You should not have to worry about bumping into your furniture and having even minor accidents that could result in scrapes, cuts, and burns. Safety in the kitchen should always be a major concern.
When you find the perfect kitchen furniture, you also have to find reliable people to install them for you. Wirings and pipings are of particular concern in furniture that will hold your stove and appliances such us your island cooktop and lighting. Improper installation of many kitchen furniture could also lead to accidents. Hiring suppliers that offer servicing and maintenance after installation is always recommended. In many cases, the furniture supplier would have an in-house team for installation services. Ask for references from people you know if your furniture supplier does not offer installation services.
It does not matter if you have a big or a small kitchen. When you have functional and properly laid out kitchen furniture, your kitchen tasks will be easier and more pleasant. Take the time to choose your kitchen furniture to ensure that your experience in your kitchen will be as happy as you want it to be.